Cubicorn Games LLC
Based in Metro Detroit, Michigan
June 9th, 2022
Take a trip below the sink with Marta in this top-down 2D shooter through randomly generated mazes of pipes. Defeat gooey enemies, overcome strong bosses, and learn what's really going on when trouble starts brewing beneath our tubs and under our streets.
Down the Drain started as a lighthearted game about plumbing and exploration. As the game evolved during development, it expanded into a more rogue-lite structure, gaining a series of progression mechanics and a more defined curve of escalating challenge. Over the years the game has changed a lot, going from a simple, carefree experience to something that is much more taxing up front. At its heart, it is still a tiny game about an even tinier snake that becomes more approachable with a bit of effort as you play.
- Randomly generated levels that give a unique map each time you play.
- Defeat challenging bosses as you make your way deeper into the pipes.
- Hand drawn, cartoon style animation.
- Ability upgrades and unlockable costumes that persist from run to run as you play.
Down the Drain (Steam Launch Trailer) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Maker of Merit Award" Maker Faire Detroit: July 2015
- "The maps are ever maze like giving (rewards to) those that explore with unique power ups and items."
- Alex Russ, Gamer Assault Weekly
Down the Drain on Itch Page
Down the Drain on Itch.io https:.
About Cubicorn Games LLC
Cubicorn Games is a small indie studio located in Metro Detroit Michigan. We want to make small fun games and help build the growing indie developer community in the Midwestern US.
More information on Cubicorn Games LLC, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Down the Drain Credits
Lead Audio, Programmer